Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Project Life

Image Courtesy of Amazon.com

I found this thing called Project Life. I love this idea. Although it is basically just another scrapbook at heart, this particular one is centered upon doing a week at a glance or month at a glance book. Really, its kind of like a journal. And me, being a horrible journal keeper (meaning I don't really keep one) I really liked this. I would do the digital version, but you get the idea. For a number of reasons I really want to do this.
1. To have a journal. We all know that its important and why. I don't think I really need to go into all the nuts and bolts of why.
2. It would help to inspire me to get out my camera more and practice my skills between photo shoots.
3. I like the idea of making it a "reasons to be happy and grateful". And taking a picture a day, or two a week, focusing on things that would fit into the aforementioned category. For example, something that the kids did, a frame, a special flower (the big pile of wilted dandelions that Elvin brings me in droves), but you get the idea. This could even be a separate book from the personal journal one.
4. It is already layed out. I already scrapbook. I make my own pages and it takes time. As this Project Life would be more journal oriented, I want to spend my time on the other things besides the layout and design aspect.
So there you go. There are a lot of other reasons, but these are the main ones. I also was inspired by THIS GIRL, Cierra Owens. She is a girl I just recently got to know a little better and she is a photographer too! She is doing something she calls "Project 365" and she takes a picture each day. I love this idea! But check her out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...